Warning: Use of undefined constant simple_breadcrumb - assumed 'simple_breadcrumb' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /customers/7/e/0/paulschuchhard.com/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/mediaconsult/header.php on line 80
A burnout is a gradual process. Everybody fears it but we do not wake up one day and have one. There are warning signs that you are on the way.
If you are heading towards a burnout you are most likely experiencing some of the following symptoms:
- Feel exhausted most of the time
- Dread to go to work – feeling overwhelmed by your responsibilities
- Questioning your competences and the value of your work or contribution
- Unsatisfied with your achievements, cynical, critical attitude, disillusionment, impatience
- Sleep problems
- Change of appetite (more or less) – and weight gain or loss
- Continuous lack of energy and motivation
- Experience physical symptoms such as: Headaches, body pains, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, or heart palpitations. (Consult a doctor if this is the case )
Why you should take action
The exhaustion you will experience, gradually builds up as stress hormones keep flooding your body. This circle of physical and mental exhaustion builds up to a point where the body will shutdown. Once that point is reached you actually ‘have a burnout’. A physical and mental recovery from burnout is hard and can take up to 3 years. That’s why preventing it and noticing the signals your body is sending you is of vital importance.
How can I help you in preventing burnout?
I am a trained psychological counselor, a career coach and holistic health counselor. My career in business has made me observe employee burnout firsthand; in my private practice I work with people to prevent burnout or to recover from burnout.
What do we explore in burnout prevention coaching?
- We start with looking at your life as a whole, a holistic approach: how did you get to ‘today’, where did you come ‘from’
- We look at the symptoms you currently experience and where they may come from
- We try and build your resilience back both mentally and physically using tried and tested burnout recovery strategies